Regional Connector Project
The $1.75-billion Regional Connector Transit Project is a 1.9-mile underground light-rail extension that will connect the Blue, Expo, and Gold Lines in downtown Los Angeles and will include three new stations. The project will reduce the need to transfer on Metro’s light rail system and make trips to and through DTLA faster and more convenient. The project is scheduled to be completed in late 2021.
- As support for outreach on the project, MBI is responsible for the following:
- Assist in the current outreach plan to inform the community of project construction updates
- Educate and present the technical information from construction updates to the community in ways that can be clearly understood
- Inform businesses impacted by construction of mitigation efforts provided by Metro to alleviate business loss caused by construction
- Build enthusiasm and support among the community for this project and Metro’s transportation expansions throughout the county